When I figure out what I’m doing, I’ll say something more about it. In the meantime, if you’re interested in seeking truth, consider doing something similar:
- Because someone once said most of what a writer comes up with isn’t planned — it’s a result of starting
- Because Isaac once said that it all started with daily blogging, and I can see the benefits of that system
- Because I consume ridiculous amounts of content and want a place to engage with some of it
- Because sometimes Twitter is not the right forum
- Because I want to put up targets for others to criticize so that I can refine my views or change my mind when appropriate
- Because the influence of the local editor is waning and it might be fun to perform part of that function
- Because I have a business idea to implement and wanted to create a personal website for practice before building one for the business
Maybe I started this for an entirely different reason and can’t articulate it. I’ve heard that we do things for reasons that we can never really know, and merely make up reasons that sound reasonable afterward. This might be one of those situations.
Hopefully interesting ideas make it on here.